We offer comprehensive evaluation and treatment facility for benign and cancerous prostate diseases. These services include trans rectal ultrasound scans, ultrasound guided prostate biopsies, prostate specific antigen tests, urodynamic studies of the bladder and prostate, flexible cystoscopy, TURP, Laser prostatectomy and laparoscopic radical prostatectomy.Non-surgical and surgical treatment options for benign and malignant prostate conditions are individually tailored for the patients.
The prostate gland is a male reproductive organ that produces fluids that feed and protect sperm cells.The three most common forms of prostate disease are inflammation (prosaiis), non-cancerous enlargement (BPH), and prostate cancer.
The Most Common Types of Prostate Diseases
- Benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH)
- Prostate cancer
Symptoms of prostate disease
- Difficulties urinating, such as trouble starting the flow of urine
- Urinate often, particularly at night
- Feeling as though the bladder can’t be fully emptied
- Painful urination
- Blood in the urine.
Treatment for prostate disease
Treatment for prostatitis may include antibacterial drugs and supportive treatments, depending on the type of prostatitis.
- Watchful waiting:– not immediate treatment is carried out. PSA blood levels are regularly monitored.
- Radical prostatectomy: – the prostate is surgically removed.
- Brachytherapy:– radioactive seeds are implanted into the prostate.
- Conformal radiotherapy:– the radiation beams are shaped so that the region where they overlap is as
close to the same shape as the organ or region that requires treatment, thus minimizing healthy tissue exposure to radiation.
- Intensity modulated radiotherapy:– beams with variable intensity are used. An advanced form of conformal radiotherapy usually delivered by a computer-controlled linear accelerator.